Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Daddy's Girl

Ginny & DH, July 2013
When I was growing up, I always considered myself to be a bit of a "daddy's girl." My dad meant the world to me (and still does). I guess there was some hero worship thrown in there too. It seems appropriate, somehow, that my oldest would feel the same way about her dad. Ginny is a "daddy's girl" through and through.

It was clear that Ginny would be a daddy's girl even when she was a baby. After I would be done feeding her, she wanted my DH holding her. She loved how he would play with her toes. Once she reached toddlerhood, her admiration of my husband became even more apparent. It was beyond clear that not only did she love her daddy, but he was her favorite. Heck, what am I saying. He IS her favorite.

Helping Daddy out! February 2012
Ginny adores her daddy. I don't blame her. He is pretty fantastic. But she adores him in a very visible way. On days that he is home, she will follow him most anywhere. I will ask Ginny for something. If her daddy is in the room, she won't give the item to me. She will give it to her daddy. Right now, in the midst of potty training, it is her daddy she goes to for help. I will tell her to come to me so I can help her out. She ignores me and goes straight to her dad.  Even at dinner, I'm relegated to second class citizen. She wants her daddy to blow on her food, not Mommy. It is her daddy that she gives her plate and fork to once she is done eating, despite the fact that I asked for them or that Daddy gives them back to me.
Chicago, July 2012

I know that part of her Daddy-worship comes from him not being home as much as me. She wants to soak up as much time with him as she can. And, her daddy complies with her wishes. After all, she has him wrapped around her finger. She will demand something of my DH and he often does as she asks. The other day my husband and I were discussing Ginny. He mentioned that "Ginny wouldn't let him do" something. I balked. I reminded him that she was two-years-old, and he was the adult. He gave me a look and mumbled something and the issue was dropped. My husband is firm with her. I'm not saying he is a push over. He isn't, but Ginny does get away with a few things I wouldn't fall for or allow her to do. For example, I still change Ginny's diaper on the changing table. It is far easier on my back to do so. Apparently my husband does the changes on the floor because Ginny insists. I find it rather amusing how much he has fallen under her sweet, adorable spell. They have a mutual admiration society that is endearing to watch.

 I wonder if Grace will also become a daddy's girl too. Right now she prefers me, most of the time. If she does join the Daddy fan club in my house, I won't blame her one bit. He has captivated all the females in the house, even our dog. Not bad for a man who struggled with dating when he was younger. Not bad at all.
Playing around with Daddy earlier this week.



If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

2 comments:

  1. This is super cute :) I love love love seeing daddies take such good care of their babies. Your girls are very blessed to have a father who loves them like he does <3

    ReplyDelete