This morning, we went to see the doctor to get the results from all the b/w (bloodwork) and the analysis of the embryonic tissue. We had the b/w and analysis done for 2 reasons. 1) To know why we miscarried in the first place and 2)To find out why I haven't been able to carry a baby to term.
After waiting for a long while in the office, the doctor came in with her news. She said I had no chromosonal abnormalities (woo hoo!) and everything else looked good. Unfortunately, they were unable to get information from the embryonic tissue because there wasn't enough. She said that was normal since I wasn't that far along.
The only information that she did give us that was new dealt with my IgM antibodies. While they ruled out any blood clotting conditions for me, they did discover that my IgM antibodies were slightly/mildly elevated. Dr. Quinn said that could cause clotting. But because it was mild, she doubted that was what caused the issue. However, she couldn't be sure. So, she wants me to start taking a baby aspirin every day. If that was the issue, then that would "fix" it by thinning out my blood more. If we get pregnant again, I'll continue with the aspirin until I'm 12 weeks along.
So, no clear answers as to why I keep losing babies. I've told God that he now has 3 new angels and to please let us keep the next one. We'll have to wait and see though. I do have hope though! I've had some dreams recently where I have a baby. This could be wishful dreaming, but I like to see it as a hopeful sign that I'm not out yet. My doctor also seems optimistic and hopeful about our chances.
We did decide to not see a fertility specialist unless we lose another baby. I don't know what good a fertility doctor would do anyway. Our religion limits the lengths we will go through to become pregnant. I also don't want the goal of being pregnant to be an obsession. I honestly believe that if God wants us to be parents, he will assist us in that. We'll see.
Oh Denise, I haven't been able to keep up with what is all going on. I am sooo sorry to read that you have lost 3 pregnancies. I only knew of the first one. I sure hope things turn around soon and that your prayers and dreams come true. Prayers are continuing to come your way! Love, Janet
ReplyDeleteJanet--We never publicly said anything about the other 2. The second one happened the weekend of CM Nashville. So, you not knowing isn't a surprise. :-) I'm sort of "coming out of the closet" right now. I hate the fact that miscarriages aren't discussed and feel that they need to be.
ReplyDeleteHey Denise....I had two miscarriages before I had Parks...I found comfort in knowing that many people had expereinced them before and when on to have children...it was very comforting once I felt like talking about it....Prayers your way!
ReplyDeleteDenise, you're right about miscarriages aren't something that is discussed. There are a lot of topics that should be (depression comes to mind) so thanks for sharing such a personal experience. I hope a lot of women find your blog and shared experiences helpful!
ReplyDelete