 |
| My Aunt Nita with Ginny |
Our last evening in Florida was spent at my Aunt Nita's. We went over there with my parents as well as my sister and her family for a crab boil.
 |
| Add caption |
I do NOT like fish of any kind, which works out for me since I am allergic to anything that lives in the water. However, there are a few sea creatures I like and do eat despite my allergies, for example, calamari. I don't eat these items in large amounts. I will get sick. Luckily, I am not deathly allergic, rather I have gastrointestinal issues only after eating them. To me, it is worth the occasional issues. (That being said I am highly allergic to scallops and haddock. Therefore I avoid those for fear that I will have a worse reaction.) Since I am pregnant, I have been told to try and avoid foods I am allergic to because my hormones could alter my response to the food. I could react much worse which would be dangerous for the baby.
 |
| My Uncle Todd and Dad (in beard) boiling the crab legs |
Back to the subject at hand, I love and adore crab legs!! OMG!! So wonderful!! A crab boil sounded amazing! However, since I'm allergic, it would mean avoiding. Yuck! I didn't fully avoid though. I indulged in one crab leg. Totally worth it. I wasn't willing to take any more risks than that. Ginny got to taste crab for the first time too. She really seemed to enjoy it. She has great taste! ;)
 |
| Ginny is pooped at the end. ;) |
Besides eating crab legs and all the fixings (kielbasa, potatoes, corn on the cob), we enjoyed spending the late afternoon and early evening with family. Ginny found some stairs and learned how to climb them (we don't have stairs in our home). The problem was in her climbing down them. She tries to climb down going face first. I have all sorts of nightmares when I see her doing that. We tried to teach her how to go down backwards, but she still wanted to try and go her way. She can be a bit stubborn.
Anyhow, our last evening was fabulous. We are now back home recovering from our trip.
SO COOL!!!! Love the pics!!!
ReplyDelete