Sunday, April 14, 2013

Happy Birthday, Virginia!

The artiste!
Today is my beautiful toddler's second birthday, and I find it hard to believe. How is it possible that she can be 2 already? Time has really started flying since I gave birth to her. My life has changed quite a bit. I am a better person because of her. And to add another cliche to the mix, I can't imagine my life without her. Since it is her birthday, I want it to be a fabulous day for her.


The canvas is ready to go! Notice the little hand reaching for it.
I baked a cake first thing today. It is cooling and waiting for icing, which I intend to put on during Ginny's nap. Then, this morning, after breakfast, Ginny and I worked on an art project for her birthday. We have done a variation of this before. We basically did some finger painting. She has finger painted a few times and seems to enjoy it.

Ginny was eating her breakfast when I started bringing the art supplies into the kitchen to work on. She pointed to the paint and said "colors." I had a heck of a time getting her to finish eating because she was so focused on the colors. She knew we were going to finger paint. Because it is her birthday and I want her to have a more permanent reminder, I planned to have her finger paint on canvas. As she finished her breakfast, I wrote the word "two" in blue tape on the canvas. The plan is to pull off the tape once the painting is dry and see the result.
Ginny happily begins to paint.

Once she was done eating, I put a paint smock on her (basically one of her daddy's old shirts), and prepped the table with newspaper. It was time to paint! Ginny lit up. She couldn't wait. She had so much fun. She was even humming to herself as she painted. Luckily, I got that video taped. Of course, the biggest problem was ending the project. She didn't want to stop. However, we needed to stop at some point. So, we did. She wasn't thrilled.

The birthday girl's reaction to painting time ending.
Now, she is happily watching Little Einsteins, and has forgotten how mean mommy was to stop her painting. Hopefully the rest of her day is enjoyable! I want her to have a fabulous, happy 2nd birthday!


1 comment:

  1. So cool! What a nice mommy you are to break out the finger paints!

    ReplyDelete