On Monday, September 13, Chris and I went in for the first u/s and doctor's appt.
Before this, I was not nervous and felt confident (although I wondered if I was deluded) about the status of this baby and pregnancy. However, about 2 days before hand, I found myself getting increasingly nervous! I realized it was because I was flashing back to the last time I had an u/s and the loss of that baby.
At the doc's office, I started to feel better because of stupid little things. The woman who checked me in was different than the time before. Even the u/s tech was different. For some reason, I felt these were likely good signs. It is crazy what your mind does to you!
The best part was the u/s itself. The baby was a good size. And after a while, I could even see the flicker of it's heart! Oh my goodness! I started to cry with joy!
According to my LMP (last menstrual period) I was supposed to be 8 weeks 6 days when we went for the u/s. However, I was pretty sure (since I chart) that I ovulated on CD 18 (4 days later than normal) so I would have been happy if the baby measured at 8 weeks 2 days, and actually expected that to be the case. Instead, it measured at 8 weeks 4 days. The heartbeat was nice and strong at 180 beats a minute. Yay!!!
After all that, and meeting with the doc, Chris and I went home with very happy hearts. I had wanted to wait for 2 more weeks to tell my folks so I could tell them in person. However, I could't hold back after the appointment. I wanted to tell the world. So, we shared the info with both our families that same day. Needless to say, everyone is happy and excited, but....still holding back a bit because there is still a chance of another loss.
Then Wednesday came, and when I went to the bathroom in the morning, I found brown spotting on the TP. I figured this was old blood, most likely from the pap and vaginal u/s. So, I wasn't worried. 2 hours later though, I found a couple of spots of pink on the TP and became concerned. So, I called the doc's office and spoke to the nurse. She and I determined it was probably nothing to worry about (I didn't have any more spotting other than those 2 spots), but she said I could come in again on Thursday for another u/s to make sure. How could I refuse for peace of mind?
We went in again and the baby was good! Nice strong heartbeat (170) and measuring right at 9 weeks. Awesomeness!
Below is a picture from the first u/s.
No comments:
Post a Comment