Since I've had Ginny, I feel like my mother has taken over in a strange way. I feel all domestic. More so than ever. While I was at Mass on Sunday, I suddenly had this urge to bake cookies for the hospital volunteers at St. John's where I used to volunteer. As I ruminated on that thought, it felt good. It felt like I needed to do it. Then I figured that we could keep a good chunk of the cookies for ourselves, despite the fact that Ginny doesn't eat cookies yet.
So, for the last few days, I have found myself quite busy with baking cookies and making candy for Christmas. I baked five different types of cookies: Oatmeal Raisin, Angel Thumbprints, Russian T-balls, Snickerdoodles, and White Chocolate Macadamia. Additionally, I made White Chocolate-Covered Pretzels (with sprinkles) and Peanut Brittle.
It took a few days to get it all done. I would have been done sooner had I remembered to buy butter when I went grocery shopping on Tuesday. However, I finished all my baking and candy making yesterday afternoon. It felt great accomplishing this task. My domestic side was fulfilled.
As I finished each batch of cookies or candy, I would put some on my cookie plates to keep at home. The rest would be divided with a large portion going into a bag meant for the hospital volunteers and some going to a friend of mine who lives in Arizona, Amy.
| The cookies we will drop off at the hospital today. |
A while back, the last time I had an urge to bake, Amy told me that if I had a huge desire to bake again to go ahead and send some to her. She is a fabulous lady who deserves some treats in her life. So, I took her up on her request and will be sending some of these goodies to her.
| Amy's selection of cookies |
In the meantime, Chris, Ginny, and I will be delivering the cookies to the hospital later this morning. I hope they enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them.
No comments:
Post a Comment