Saturday, November 19, 2011

How Many Coats are Too Many for Ginny?

As the holiday season fast approaches, I realize that Ginny will soon be meeting Santa Claus for the first time. I'm not quite sure how that meeting will go, although I'm quite sure it will be eventful.

This morning as I was thinking about her first meeting with Santa, I also realized that she has no outfit to meet Santa in yet.  So, after Chris was awake and we had lunch, I ventured over to Just Kids, a consignment shop in my town.  I hoped to find a bargain and something I liked.

I found a lot of outfits I loved.  Not only Christmas related, but in general.  It was hard to get out of there without buying up half the shop.  Luckily, I have learned how to talk myself out of most purchases and don't usually spend outrageously.

Of course, while I found quite a few things I loved, some of the Christmas items I loved the most were 2T and above.  LOL! Oh well.  I did buy 2 Christmas outfits for Ginny.  One outfit has a cute tunic and red/white striped pants that would work great for meeting Santa.  The other outfit is in a dark red velvet (well, feels like velvet) with a collar that I feel will work great for going to Mass on Christmas day. I even found a pair of patent leather black Mary Janes.  Those shoes should work well for most dresses she wears to church.

Additionally, I got Ginny a pink hooded coat.  Ginny now has 3 coats. Overkill?  I'm not sure.  She has a beautiful red dress coat with matching hat and gloves that her cousin Melanie got for her.  We also got Ginny a snow suit for when she needs to be fully bundled.  The coat I got her today is a bit more casual.  I figure she will wear all 3 quite a bit in the next few months (or at least until she grows out of them).

Finally, I got Ginny a set of 3 socks.  They are really cute and fit the holiday season. And, I bought a used Dr. Seuss book, "Fox in Socks".

The total cost for 2 outfits, 3 pairs of socks, a pair of shoes, coat, and a book? Only $34.  Not bad.

My deals from the consignment shop!
I love shopping for Ginny, especially when I can get deals like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment